Drayton ZA5 actuator - where to buy replacement microswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I believe the microswitch on the Drayton Za5 hot water valve actuator is goosed, as it is keeping the boiler firing up when the valve is in closed position and all programs are in "off" status. I fitted a multi-plug connector to it to save having to disconnect bits and bobs at the terminal block every time I am fault finding or changing out stuff. When plug connected, pump runs and boiler fires up although valves for central heating and hot water are both in the closed position.
Unplug the Za5 and all stops.

I have googled to find a replacement microswitch, but getting no joy. Any guidance on where to buy and part number would be great.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The microswitches aren't an official spare part - you'd normally just buy the whole head

Thanks,

Seems crazy to spend £60.00 - especially in the current climate - when I can spend around £5 for a replacement microswitch and replace it myself.

Search for Honeywell microswitch (I think it's a V7 version, but check your old one to make sure...I believe they are slightly smaller than the Honeywell valve's V3).
When soldering the wires use a soldering iron; I've found using a blowtorch makes a bit of a mess.

Sponsored Links
Microswitches are standard electronics items. Note the shape/dimensions/voltage/current ratings and check sites such as Digikey/RS/Farnell to find a substitute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back