Drill bit storage

Old tobacco tin for small bits, fudge tin for larger ones, SDS bits sit in with the drill.

Sponsored Links
SDS bits can go in a tube, these are available from fishing shops for rod/pole storage and can easily be cut down.

Pencil cases for smaller bits divided between masonry, wood and metal.
Own case for sds sets.
Most used sds bits in sds drill case.

Old tobacco tin for small bits, fudge tin for larger ones, SDS bits sit in with the drill.

I don't see that sort of longish, flattish tin these days

I inherited an old Elastoplast tin for drills some years ago.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Ideally I’d prefer to keep everything all in one box as it is now, just more organised.

I’m thinking I might have to have a go at making something bespoke. Could be an interesting little project!

Several of these for the different bits and suchlike.

www.dewalt.com/products/accessories/fastening-and-screwdriving-bits/sets/15-pc-magnetic-toughcase/dwmtc15

668_toughcase-open-1343610224.jpg

I'm probably missing something here, but why would a box of drill bits be attached to the back of a door?

I'm probably missing something here, but why would a box of drill bits be attached to the back of a door?
For the Fridge. Much better than "I Brussels" magnets.

It's got magnets on the lid so you can stick the box up on some metal near to where you are working, if that is useful.

I tend to just use the magnets to have certain small drill bits or specific other bits stuck to the inside of the lid so are easy to get to.

I’ve been looking at this box. It’s maybe just a bit too short for the long SDS bits but I might try it as it’s only £15.

C5FAD5F2-7E4E-455F-8A55-340C2075CCAF.jpeg

You dont want to be carrying one of those around while also carrying other stuff.

They get full of all sorts of crap and become heavy, then knock into you.

I don't see that sort of longish, flattish tin these days

I inherited an old Elastoplast tin for drills some years ago.

You sometimes get them at the seaside, perks of living near a gift shop :D

Sponsored Links
Back