Drill For Mixing Multi

I am a complete diy man and have done quite abit of plastering now, i use a crappy old black and decker drill that i paid £3 for from a car boot. Does the job perfect. Save my bosch professionals and Bosch SDS for nice jobs!

Sponsored Links
Dont ruin a relatively expensive cordless on a job like mixing plaster, get a cheapo variable speed electric drill if not a paddle mixer

Thank you to all who replied. i think i am going to buy both drills - keep the bosch for nice jobs as Danturboc says and use the cheapo corded drill for mixing skim :)

Another job that is coming up in the future is fixing a sink outlet pipe through an external wall - might need another drill for that eh?

They will knock half a bag up to a bag OK in a little black bucket but anything over that a dedicated mixer is best you wouldent stand a chance trying to do a 3 bag mix with those I remember knocking up for a spread who taught me with a little mixer think I had to knock up something like 17 times in a day it was ridiculous the same amount of plaster I used to knock up for him in 17 mixes I could do it in 3-4 mixes for myself

Sponsored Links
when used to labour for a few spreads i had to use the old hand held mixer,the 1 with the round bottom,used to take an age.

I do believe I've a childhood memory of my dad mixing plaster.. He used a bicycle front sprocket welded onto a metal rod, and mixed it by hand. Yikes, what a steptoe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back