Drill For Mixing Multi

Sponsored Links
I got the Makita 18v 16mm chuck with 3.0AH batteries. It does the job, but I do have to switch batteries after mixing two or three bucketfuls (less than a bag of plaster). I think on the chuck size and the battery capacity of the Bosch you might struggle.
Couple of weeks ago in Aldi I saw a dedicated paddle mixer for around £30. If I was starting again I might consider one.

Sponsored Links
Might be OK as long as you have variable speed. Check that the paddle will fit in the chuck.

Thanks gregers - what is the spec of your bosch blue and did you look at the bosch on the link to see whether you think that would be adequate??

Drills are too fast and whip the plaster. It then goes off in a few minutes. Better doing it by hand. (ooer missus).

never had problems when ive done it,but im not a spread by trade.only do it every now and then.
but then again if your that concerned dont pull the trigger all the way,mines a variable speed drill.

eddman my bosch is a gbh 110v .

I bought a silverline silverstorm about 4 years ago, has variable speed and reverse. Never had a bit of bother with it or mixes prematurely going off.
I think you can get them for about £60.00 with 3 years warranty.

I had one of the paddle mixers from aldis best buy I've had works great well worth the value if they get them in again grab one

They wouldn't have invented paddle mixers if a standard drill did the job.

well of course it does the job.
bit like saying why invent a power planner when they already had a jack plane.
i know a few spreads who own both a dedicated mixer and others owning just a drill.
also bear in mind about the speed my drill is an sds so it doesnt spin as fast as my old black n decker diy drill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back