Drilled hole in lead pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Stupidly, I drilled a hole (6mm) through a lead pipe whilst putting up a shower door. Plumber came and repaired it by soldering pipe together. Is this likely to last? It will be extraordinarily difficult to replace the whole pipe. As a last resort I could perhaps replace a section - would this be best?

Thanks,

Jack

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev. I don't have any concerns that the rest of it will go (this was self inflicted) - should I still look at replacing at least a section or will soldering hold it?

Sponsored Links
You dont say what this pipe is used for.

It is generally considered that soldering lead pipe is NOT permitted any more unless its a gas pipe. I suspect your plumber has contravened the Water regulations!

Tony

probably feeds the shower or the cold water storage tank. I bet the chances of getting lead poisoning from this repair are less than getting struck by lightning.

Most people have more chance of being poisoned by their fillings.....

fatherjackhackett said:
Hi,

Stupidly, I drilled a hole (6mm) through a lead pipe whilst putting up a shower door. Plumber came and repaired it by soldering pipe together. Is this likely to last? It will be extraordinarily difficult to replace the whole pipe. As a last resort I could perhaps replace a section - would this be best?

Thanks,

Jack

The repair will last as long as the house is standing.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

fatherjackhackett ,
kaboom is looking for a apprentice

You are not saying that Op is our friendly wind up merchant are you Kev. :eek:

I would never have guessed :LOL:

He seems to be very similar to BOB DOLE :LOL: :LOL:

I think the lack of intelligence gives him away:cool:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :l

I suspect your plumber has contravened the Water regulations!

I would say that the 'water police' have bigger fish to fry than this ....... It's about as criminal as if the wind blew your cigarette ash off and then getting done for dropping litter......... dont worry bout it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back