Drilled through a water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I decided to renovate the kitchen this lockdown, it was going quite well until I wanted to put up the suspension rail for the base cabinets and accidentally drilled through a water pipe. I have shut off the water in the house and I have dug around it a little and can see that its not a full hole just a dent in a copper pipe but water still leaked out.
I had some milliput from when I did the sink plumbing so I have temporarily stuck that on, but what next? Is there a permanent solution, I don't want to pay for a plumber unless I absolutely have to.
Please advise.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Why don't you want to call a plumber, do you want to flood your kitchen??

Post some pictures.

Andy

Sponsored Links
UPDATE*** Solution found.
You need 3 things :
Soldering Flex Paste
Flowflex repair patch
Gas burner mini blow torch.

takes 20-30 min.

Engineering taught but asking 'how to' on a plumbing forum.

Andy

lol doesn't hurt to ask, I don't underestimate people, thought someone might have a reply not just mouth off but my luck... ur the only one to reply :sleep:

Its okay, got the answer so wanted to share it with anyone else that's stuck and only getting "Why don't you want to call a plumber, do you want to flood your kitchen??" as a reply from a so called pro .:cool:

Its all good Andy/Daniel, your tools will appreciate your attitude :):)

no worries, solution s found, ordered them off amazon ++ the torch works for creme brûlée so might reward myself post repair :LOL:

Make sure the pipe is fully drained before trying to solder. Any water left in the pipe will stop it getting up to temperature and the solder won’t fuse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back