Graze on copper pipe

I'm a general builder, so a bit of a jack of all trades, and it was in the 2nd house that I owned. From memory, it was the water supply coming in the basement that went in to copper, and it'd developed a leak. I managed to fix the leak, and then found out how to do it properly afterwards, and then I picked up the moleskin and redid the joint. It was the first one I'd done, and I was pretty pleased with myself.

Sponsored Links
You happened to have a moleskin (wiping cloth) to hand????
I admire your patience and politeness..;)

No I picked it up at a boot sale actually shortly after I found out how I should have repaired the joint; it was in a box of bits and pieces and I suddenly realised what it was. I was amazed at how it worked when I redid the joint though.

Terry had suggested "wiping" the wipe, but not explained any further, so I just put a suggestion forward as to what he might have meant.

Brown paper would "also work"...:)
You haven't answered my question??

Sponsored Links
No I said that earlier, it was the lead water pipe coming in to the house, that was then joined onto copper.

Can't remember???..how can one forget how to wipe lead joints??...same deal when lead caulking cast iron LCC....surely you haven't forgotten the pot and ladle?...maybe packing the yarn might ring some bells?..squirrels tail?
Feck sake Steel you make me feel so old now, when I was an apprentice it was my job to smelt the solder and the old barstewards would always throw what was left of their tea in the pot so it erupted all over the place so I had to scrape everything up and smelt it again, not many of them left and some I would love to be there with again, and would love it just to see their faces as they did it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back