drilling set angle through newel posts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
and for another question! I need to drill fixed angle holes through two newell posts - am installing balustrade wiring in place of spindles, any tips on how to build a jig or hold the drill in place? The posts are 4 by 4's.

cheers

Huey

Sponsored Links
Try this or if you want to spend some dosh, this:

963022_xl.jpg

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Just a thought :D

I was looking for pocket hole jig and was talking to an engineer friend who made me a jig out of metal just with an angle drilled through works a treat and no need for longer or special drill bits ect

admittedly it,s only been used for cabinet making ect but gives perfect results every time :eek:

hope this might help

Martin

thanks guys, I tackled the job yesterday (with rather a stonking hangover I should add!) - used big-al's suggested method - cut a peice of wood to angle using mitre saw, then drilled a hole using drill press. some accurate marking out and then drilled into the posts from either side using a 4mm bit - - ALMOST got it right . . . looked a bit of a mess but once some paint had been applied its not too bad ,.. . .

thanks once again for help.

Huey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back