Drilling tinber into RSJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an upright RSJ.

I need to attach a timber to the centrer (gap) bit.

I am thinking about drilling a 10mm hole down the middleof the timber/RSJ take an m10 anchor. Is that the right way to do it. Is there a recommended lenght of bolt that should be used?

I have another RSJ which I need to hang a timber off the bottom. This time the timber wont sit "in" the RSJ but will be below the "I" bit. Do I drill a hole either side oif the centre and use an m10 bolt also?

Sponsored Links
what size are the steels and what are they supporting? Usually M12 bolts at 600 centres for timber bolted into the web.

It's a ground floor lock up shop. It's the front window. The upright steels are the sides of the window and above supports the frist floor flat. The middle ("web"?) is 5" across. I can'tr put in the "web" above as I am hanging the timber from the joists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back