Drilling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to fix up a untesil rack in my kitchen. I have the wall tilled and want to fix the rack on the wall directly above my electric cooker and just below the extractor hood. My only concern is drilling through any electric wires. The area doesnt look as though it should contain wires but I have used a (cheap) volt detector and it is suggesting that there are wires present in this area. I dont trust this detector 100% but am still reluctant to take the risk, is there any other way I can be sure before drilling?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could open (carefully) the boxes to see how the cable entering them "runs" but it will only give you an indication of how they may run.

I'd stick to using a drawer until you know exactly where you can drill.

If you have any spare tiles - remove a tile and check, then replace it with the spare and regrout.

you could send a picture and we might be able to give an educated guess, but that's all it would be.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure I'd want to reach over the top of pans of boiling fat to get a spoon, myself.

I'm not sure I'd want to reach over the top of pans of boiling fat to get a spoon, myself.
Neither would I, and even if the cooker was off, everything on the rack will get covered in whatever spashes up from the pans on the cooker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back