Drinking (potable) water and combi boiler!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the electric section we have this thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/boiling-water.509334/page-4. I have stated in my house the tap in kitchen keeps the hot and cold separate right to the point where it comes out of the spout, originally fitted when we had a header tank so cold water not contaminated by hot water. It now has a main 7 water heater so hot water is no longer stored, but taps never changed.

In mothers house the mixer tap mixes in the base,
diagram_1.jpg
as shown in the diagram, so if hot water used last, then we get half a cup of hot water, before the cold comes through, I thought this is OK with a combi as the water store is so small and not open to atmosphere. However we have one guy who says you should not drink water that has been heated by a combi boiler.

So do my mothers taps all need changing, or is water from a combi potable, and if it is potable can anyone direct us to where it says it is potable.

Sponsored Links
but your sourced stolen illustration
In the electric section we have this thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/boiling-water.509334/page-4. I have stated in my house the tap in kitchen keeps the hot and cold separate right to the point where it comes out of the spout, originally fitted when we had a header tank so cold water not contaminated by hot water. It now has a main 7 water heater so hot water is no longer stored, but taps never changed.

In mothers house the mixer tap mixes in the base,
diagram_1.jpg
as shown in the diagram, so if hot water used last, then we get half a cup of hot water, before the cold comes through, I thought this is OK with a combi as the water store is so small and not open to atmosphere. However we have one guy who says you should not drink water that has been heated by a combi boiler.

So do my mothers taps all need changing, or is water from a combi potable, and if it is potable can anyone direct us to where it says it is potable.

Hey ericmark MGW,your current post with the stolen image unless you have a licencees to edit and apply your own text.

ericmark You have previously posted some plumbing info in the past,hey we all enjoy a laugh. Fellow the info you supplied is for a bidet for personal arse washing usually.

Arse washing is not diy :mrgreen:

I can't direct you to any thing regarding potable water from a combi - but having drunk water from an old fashioned Direct hot water system, used for making tea- so the electric kettle didn't boil too long - then put in a flask. I can tell you that, although it tasted rank it never killed me, or my old Dad who used to do it. He was Norm F. The F stands for Frugal;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back