Dripping showerhead and cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two plumbing questions please.
1. Dripping showerhead in new house is driving me mad, have taken off shower head and thermostat control and cleaned all scale etc but still dripping. thought that I would find some sort of washer inside to replace but no such luck!
2. Radiator on top floor not getting warm at all although I can feel that the pipe is hot. All other radiators in the house are fine. As I said, have only just moved into property and unsure whether it makes any difference but it is a town house, so this bedroom is on the top, third floor. They are old looking radiators, just single-walled, have no thermostats fitted to them, just an open/close valve. They have what looks like 2 bleed valves, both beautifully painted over with a square type hole and of course NO KEY! I am thinking it is unlikely that it just needs bleeding given that the pipe is hot right up to it, is it possible that the valve has just got closed in the 'off' position?
Any help gratefully received
Fizz

Sponsored Links
1 probably needs a new cartridge if it's thermostatic. Best part of £100 for the bit.

2 could be several things but bleed it first - it might even have no water in it.

Thanks Chris
1. Will have to learn to live with it leaking at £100!
2. Good answer, will try that!
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back