Dripping tap pipe (under tap)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cold tap which is dripping from the join where the pipe from under the floor connects to the tap.

I have stopped the water, remove the tap from the join, cleaned up the thread and the part of the tap that connects to the pipe from the floor.

I then put PFTE tape around the thread on the tap and put it all back together, only to find the drip significantly worse!

Please help me with what to do next to stop the drip?!

Sponsored Links
Can you post pics of the fitting that joins the tap thread to supply pipe. It is often a tap connector that needs a fibre washer or rubber washer to make the seal

PTFE tape might be better on the olive than the threads (or is it a tap connector?). You could try some boss green jointing compound.

You may need a fibre washer rather than PTFE if it's a tap connector.

15mm-x-1-2-inch-straight-tap-connector-ef.jpg

Sponsored Links
There is no washer that I can see, so that makes sense as the first place to start, thanks all!

Put a fibre washer in this morning and the drip stopped.

Thanks all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back