Driveway join to pavement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anybody know if there are rules, or regulations around how your driveway meets the pavement?

In particular, I need to know if the drive is higher or lower than the pavement and there is a small step (say 1 inch), is this an issue?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The driveway/pavement junction will vary depending on your LA.date and the contractors doing the work.

What do you want to know ?

Some photos will be very helpful and the name local council,then more info will flow.

Does anybody know if there are rules,

There are no rules. It's your land one side of the boundary, you can do what you like.

However, in common law you are always responsible for the safety of those entering your land. So if some one trips, you may be deemed negligent if you create a trip hazard. There are no set dimensions as to what will or will not be deemed a trip hazard.

Sponsored Links
i have no experience but councils won't dig up the pavement to lower the levels when resurfacing so aim for a close match but a bit higher, never lower.

looking at several driveways near me, they use a concrete edge or a row of bricks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back