Drone Novice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I'd have a go at Drone flying.
Have ordered , and am waiting for, a Quinux Drone 4k.
Has a good write-up, but I can't find any User Manuals online.
There will be one (I'm told) with the machine.
In the meantime I've raked out an Amazon Fire HD8 from my old gear.
Would it be possible to use this with the new drone.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Was yours any good? I saw one on QVC that was £150 which looked clever, but I dunno....

Sponsored Links
This amused me:

9616BB81-BFD4-413D-8FBF-B1CFD0AD26E5.jpeg

The full blurb is "don't buy until you read this" but..

may be worth reading some of the UK rules on flying - I was interested in drone flying - but all the rules put me off in the end

we have had quite a few complaints locally in various parks , dog walkers , child playgrounds etc , mainly they are kids toys , but i know from social media - quite a few reported, from the homes around the parks

If you look at the black belt barristers videos on youtube he also explains some of the law relating to drone flying and how to consider whether your on the right side of it.

I'd love something like a Mavik drone with 4K camera and all the other stuff but knowing my luck it would crash and die on the first outing.

The little ones are freeish of regs aren't they? Are their cameras any good, though, and kept steady enough etc?

I was hoping someone might have been round the loops and got an answer.
Can you get good video from a small drone which is classifiable as a toy and thus freer of regulations. The one I saw on QVC looked good, but users would know more.

...as this thread has come alive again (with an interesting post from Texas... :rolleyes:), I thought I would look again at the Qinux.

It seems the Qinux Drone 4K has been replaced by the K8 - note, it has not got an 8K camera, it has been downgraded to 1080P!

All for the amazing price of £170. But wait, these are the last days to get the great 50% off offer, all you pay is £85 :cool:

The original AliExpress link I posted has expired, but here is a link to a remarkably similar P8 drone, direct from China...

Screenshot_20230327-221042_Samsung Internet.jpg

...there seems to be a decent amount of money to be made from drop shipping (I have found the price as low as £20).
I wonder how much a dodgy website costs to maintain? :unsure:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back