drunk on TV? legal standing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok, so what is the legal standpoint if you're out on the town and get picked up for drunk and disorderly, and the cops have a film crew with the, like in "nightcops"?

do they have the right to show your image without consent?
even with a blured out face since other aspects might identify you such as your voice or a specific watch you always wear etc?

Sponsored Links
Something you want to tell us ? :LOL:

I would imagine that you would have to demonstrate that your portrayal impacted on you financially or caused you distress. As a civil case I would imagine it would depend on how well your lawyer put your case across and how much the Judge buys into the increasingly litigious society we seem to live in these days :cry:

nothing to tell at all...
It's just a hypothetical question..
I might be going on a stag do tomorrow nigth so it might come up is all...

I don't drink often, but when I do it's usually a good 10-15 pint night... ( I'm a big lad, it takes a lot to get me drunk.. )

even with a blured out face since other aspects might identify you such as your voice or a specific watch you always wear etc?

Take a helium ballon with you to inhale and disguise your voice, and wear a different watch. To complete the disguise, cross-dress and wear a wig. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Take a helium ballon with you to inhale and disguise your voice, and wear a different watch. To complete the disguise, cross-dress and wear a wig. :LOL: :LOL:

that WAS the "distinctive watch" that I was talking about... the red 3 inch heels and long blonde wig are a dead giveaway...

quite often on these shows you see drunken arsehoes complaining about coverage of their poor drinking ability. the feds always say the film crew have freedom to record whatever they please. this is true, there is nothing stopping anyone filming whatever they like on the average main street.

if you dont want to be filmed being a sad poofter with no control over your actions stop drinking above your ability.

I would imagine that you would have to demonstrate that your portrayal impacted on you financially or caused you distress. As a civil case I would imagine it would depend on how well your lawyer put your case across and how much the Judge buys into the increasingly litigious society we seem to live in these days :cry:

Are you trying to take over where Softus left off?

the feds always say the film crew have freedom to record whatever they please. this is true, there is nothing stopping anyone filming whatever they like on the average main street.
Unless of course it's you filming plod... ;)

I don't like the film crew being around, how can the police give anyone a good kicking.

WTF is that supposed to mean ?

Tell them you refuse the filming unless they choose your best angle for it.
and ask them for the appearance fee.

I don't like the film crew being around, how can the police give anyone a good kicking.
Pepper spray.

It has the same affect for 10 minutes, and has worn off by the time they get to the nick, unlike bruises ;) :LOL:

Inflicts pain "humanely and controllably" :LOL:

Pepper spray.

It has the same affect for 10 minutes, and has worn off by the time they get to the nick, unlike bruises ;) :LOL:

Inflicts pain "humanely and controllably" :LOL:
Is it on a 2 for 1 offer at the co-op?

As a civil case I would imagine it would depend on how well your lawyer put your case across and how much the Judge buys into the increasingly litigious society we seem to live in these days :cry:

WTF is that supposed to mean ?

It just reminded me of legal eagle Softus and because it did my post was complimentary really!

Sponsored Links
Back