Dry fix system vs traditional mortar ?

If you dont fancy the dry verge system, why not try a cloak verge system? they are not that much more expensive than dry verge

Hopefully i too would be adding these to my roof, its all added cost to make the roof look beautiful :LOL:. My Neighbour has Redland REGENT tiles on his roof but i'm looking to have the Redland Double Pantile or Double Roman tiles installed (i hate choices lol :D ). Are these tiles interlockable with Redland REGENT tiles?. I don't really want to fit the half round ridges between the two roofs to make a hip, just makes it Look ugly :(

and also has anyone used the John Brash battens, {JB-RED} http://www.jb-red.co.uk/ which conforms to the BS8417:2003 this is what they have stated :

THE FIRST FULLY GRADED,
FULLY COMPLIANT ROOFING BATTEN.
NO NEED TO CHECK BATTENS ON
SITE - WE'VE DONE IT FOR YOU
100% GUARANTEED

How much more expensive are these to other battens ? I personally think the extra investment would be worth it if the above is true.

Sponsored Links
Regents and Double romans (50s) are a lot different.. use one or the other.

Re the JB red.. yes its good but so is JB green.. IMHO the red comes into it's own on slated roofs only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back