Dry ridge system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just had a loft done - due to difficulties with the builder a different roofing company added some tile vents in the roof and noticed that the dry ridge system has been installed with no ridge union pieces. The original builder claims this is fine, I very much doubt he's telling the truth.

Is it ever ok to have a dry ridge system with no ridge union components?

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 11.20.25 (1) (1).jpeg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help with this. The roofers said there aren't ridge union pieces that fit that shape of ridge tile. Is this correct? If this is correct, then I'm assuming it should have been filled with mortar?

Some pieces of lead between the joints would have been good enough if he couldn't find something compatible.

The roofers the builders used turned up to sort it out if I really wanted, but there wasn't any more work required as they'd used RediRoll which doesn't require ridge unions.

Looks any the info, it looks like they're correct, so I've left it for now.

Thanks for your help on this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back