Dry Ridge Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, a couple of questions the other day, when we had storm Doris, it unfortunately broke the corner off, one of my dry ridge tiles, my first question is, does the membrane underneath the tile let in water to the felt lining, and being a dry ridge tile , can you just unscrew the broken one and replace it with a new one?, I've attached a couple of pictures if it is of any help to anyone, thanks in advance

Attachments

• S1490002.JPG
    S1490002.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 170
  • S1490006.JPG
    S1490006.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 160
Sponsored Links
The membrane looks okay, so unless you find any damage when you change the broken tile, you should be okay with just the tile replacement on it's own.

Yes the tile unscrews, and the membrane keeps rainwater out for a limited time.

I'd suggest that you get all the other screws tightened to prevent the ridge tiles bouncing in the next storm.

Sponsored Links
That looks like Cromar dry ridge. The clips either side of the ridge sometimes need to be shortened as the legs are too long for the tile thickness and that looks to be the case in your close up.

Echo Woody's comment as well

tighten by hand, over tightening will cause failures... sometimes corners crack off!!. Repair is as straight forward as it looks.

Agree with newboy , looks like all the ridge tiles will lift in a strong wind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back