Dry verge detail for flush lean to extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, I'm up to roof height on my DIY extension. It's a small, single storey job with a lean to pitched roof.

One thing I can't get straight in my head is the detail for the dry verge system on the edge that is flush with the original house.

Obviously the dry verge will protude out past the original house, so how do you finish that?

Sponsored Links
Ideally you would set the extension far enough back so the roof line finishes flush with the main house.

Just cap the over sail off with lead.

If it’s just the verge that overhangs that’s not really an issue is it? Surely a continuous external wall with a little verge overhang looks better than building the whole wall stepped in a couple of inches just so the verge doesn’t protrude.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, sounds like I'll just have to make it the best I can. Have to say, though, I agree with @23vc, I wouldn't go back and change it. Space was a real premium on this one, too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back