Dry verge dripping stopping my beauty sleep!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently moved into a house with Windows on the gable end where a dry verge system has been attached to the edges of the roof and dripping onto the bedroom window Cill and living room window below it is driving me potty! After leaning out of the windows at night to put towels on the Cill when raining has started I need to do something permanent before I have an accident! The water is definitely dripping off the edge of each piece of plastic. Thought about a) topping myself b) adding a 90 degree plastic edging strip the length below to channel water to the edge of the roof and down the side of the house c) removing the blasted things but looking on YouTube they look like they are drilled on so what damage would I be left with? I have tried ear plugs and multiple pillows over my head but tHat didn't work. Help please!!! Su

Sponsored Links
Why would so much rainwater come over the verge edge unless the verge is slightly lower than the rest of the roof plane? ie roughly speaking, water runs down a roof not so much off the sides.
Go and observe the water discharge from the roof during daylight rainfall.

Anyway, you could have drip hood mouldings fitted above the windows - these will cast off any water that runs down the wall.

Thanks....good point re the level of the roof. I've googled drip hood mouldings that you mentioned but can't see anything. Do you know of any companies that sell such a thing please?

Sponsored Links
google: " Hardwood Weather Bars"
I pre-paint wood bars and flash them with a cover flashing.
Depending on the projection of the window cills you can use wider drip caps or even ripped cills to make sure the water is cast away from the face of the building.
ie. the drip cap must project further out than any cill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back