Drying hand towels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for other ways to dry hand towels. I'm not talking about after washing them, I mean after using them. At the moment, I put them over the radiator. If I don't, they quickly end up sodden. But I've read that using radiators is frowned upon, as covering them makes them very inefficient. I know there must be a better way. I've been wondering what people do if they have under floor heating. But, so far, Googling hasn't really helped. Any tips will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Radiator towel rail .

Would there just be one? Or would there be several around the house?

I'm just thinking how it works in practice.

EDIT: are there other options I could use?

EDIT2: I don't have a tumble dryer, either.

Last edited:
Would there just be one? Or would there be several around the house?

I'm just thinking how it works in practice.

EDIT: are there other options I could use?

EDIT2: I don't have a tumble dryer, either.
You just have in the bathroom, presumably you only use one hand towel at once? Why would you need several?

Sponsored Links
You just have in the bathroom, presumably you only use one hand towel at once? Why would you need several?

Good point. :giggle: Old habits. I've never thought about it before. I'm just used to putting hand towels on the nearest radiator to dry! Utility, kitchen, downstairs loo, ensuite, etc. It's handy, because it's there for you when you next need it. But a bad habit, I've read.

I'm looking for other ways to dry hand towels. I'm not talking about after washing them, I mean after using them. At the moment, I put them over the radiator. If I don't, they quickly end up sodden. But I've read that using radiators is frowned upon, as covering them makes them very inefficient. I know there must be a better way. I've been wondering what people do if they have under floor heating. But, so far, Googling hasn't really helped. Any tips will be appreciated.

Have more hand towels out, and in use, that gives used ones more time to dry between usage. Just me at home, but there is a small hand towel in the downstairs toilet, a larger one in the utility, a larger one in the kitchen, bath towel plus hand towel in the bathroom. All are hung up, none are ever sodden when needed, because they have time to dry between use.

I frown on anything put directly on radiators, the habit restricts heat from them and can cause them to rust.

Sponsored Links
Back