Drylining porch wall - 50mm to work with!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to neaten up my porch, plaster and paint the walls, etc. The external wall is just single skin brick. The side wall is double skin (no cavity) brick to a garage conversion.

I am not too bothered about thermally insulating the porch but don't want any plaster I put on, getting damp and causing the paint to blister.

However, I need to do something with the side wall which is uninsulated and, as you can see, doesn't have a lot of room to work with (50mm max). The wall is a source of heat loss from the converted garage room so I would like to minimise this as much as possible.

So, what are my options? I know with only 50mm to play with, It won't be building regs standard but anything is better than nothing. I was thinking of just dot and dabbing Thermaline board. Is there a better option than this?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back