Dual flush, only doing the short flush now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few years ago I installed a Stelrad Doulton close-coupled loo, and the syphon that came with it was dual flush (quick push = short flush, hold down = full flush).

Recently it's been doing only the short flush even when you hold the handle down. Peering inside the cistern I can't see anything that could be the culprit (there's a plastic plug in the side, but that's tight in place).

The syphon is red with a brown top, labelled "Stelrad Doulton" and "DUDLEY".

Is there anything I can do that doesn't involve removing the cistern? I thought at the time it was a daft design that meant the syphon was "trapped" by the cistern/pan joint, and if I have to remove it I'll replace it with a Dudley Turbo 88 which has a much more reasonable design, IMHO! (Ironic that it's one of theirs I'll be replacing).

So, am I in for a cistern removal or is there anything else I can do?

Cheers,
Howard

Sponsored Links
Time to remove the cistern. There is a rubber plug inside siphon which blocks a hole when you hold the lever down.
Jeff

Thanks - I was hoping there was another way, but I suspected there wasn't - that syphon nut trapped in the cistern-pan joint really decides it, as the mechanism is inside the syphon itself as you describe.

Cheers,
Howard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back