Dual tech PIR + microwave recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Two PIR+microwave detectors connected up to my Scantronic 9651 system have failed (1 about 9-12mnths ago, and another recently). They've lasted about 15 years based on the warranty label inside one of them, so that's pretty good. I can tell from the rooms they are in why they are PIR+microwave rather than just PIR.

So now I need to replace them. Are there any to recommend or to avoid ? Its a standard 6 wire system - power, alarm, and tamper circuits. Any recommendation for supplier ?

Also, will I have to put the panel into engineer mode to replace them ? I'd rather not since I don't have the engineer code and I'd rather not open up the panel and reset the whole system to factory defaults.

cheers,

BB

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
What make where the ones that failed ? big optex fan been using since late eighties go for mx40 dueltecs

Sponsored Links
I couldn't find any make or model number, here's a pic I took of the internals (mostly to make sure i'd recorded the wiring somewhere besides a bit of paper. I assume they all look very similar inside.

I hope that 9651 is on user tamper reset or your in trouble.

It will not work now if it is on engineer reset.

pyronix equinox... what went wrong ? just getting an orange light only ? been changing a few pyronix detectors over the last few years, most common fault is the white light filter lens (white not clear) they go brittle and don't allow the ir to work.

I think the one in the conservatory has a single red light (i.e. the middle LED). The lens becoming brittle wouldn't surprise me, I expect the ambient temperature can get pretty high.

The other one has nothing at all - although the microwave element was a bit warm when I opened it up. It was working fine until this week, and just seems to have expired.

When I took the sensor apart, the panel alerted 'Global Tamper' and "Call Engineer". But when I put the user code it (and after I put the detector back together closing the tamper switch), the fault appeared to be cleared. I'm able to set the alarm (omitting the zones with the faulty detectors). So I guess I can swap the detectors out with some care.

I think I will order a couple of the Honeywell ones. Is there any benefit to getting the "pet tolerant" ones given there are no animals in the house ?

Thanks for all the replies so far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back