Ducting from air brick, through solid floor to timber floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As you've probably guessed the extension has solid floors and I need to get the air through it to the existing wooden ones.
I've seen 110mm brown pipe used but is there anything else. Preferably something a bit smaller then it will allow room for 100mm celotex over the top. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Has the concrete / subbase been poured already? Maybe different heights, but when I had my extension done this was all below the celotex layer.

1703178172210.png

Sponsored Links
Mine all went in the subsoil, below the MOT and insulation. Use telescopics outside and (if necessary) some 110mm elbows to raise the outlets under the suspended floor.

Mine all went in the subsoil, below the MOT and insulation. Use telescopics outside and (if necessary) some 110mm elbows to raise the outlets under the suspended floor.
You don't really want telescopes at one end and then bends at the other, as then water can potentially sit in the pipe.

The pipe is best slightly sloped to the house and new holes knocked through the wall if need be.

As you've probably guessed the extension has solid floors and I need to get the air through it to the existing wooden ones.
I've seen 110mm brown pipe used but is there anything else. Preferably something a bit smaller then it will allow room for 100mm celotex over the top. Cheers.
Put the pipe lower - below the hardcore.

You don't really want telescopes at one end and then bends at the other, as then water can potentially sit in the pipe.

I haven't on mine as I have plenty of depth under the timber floor and I appreciate the risk but suspect it's slight - standard plastic airbricks on the outside at a suitable height aren't much of a path for water

Put the pipe lower - below the hardcore.
I don't think there's enough room under the existing for that. I'll check though.

As one end is currently quite low I was thinking of having 100mm of jablite under 100mm of celotex. Instead of just building up with subbase. What about putting the ducting in the jablite?

Strangely there's currently only one air brick the whole way down that side.
Cheers.

Just put the pipe as low as you can and with at least the top (main) layer of insulation continuous above it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back