Dudley 88 - cistern still filling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Dudley 88 turbo syphon. Its been working fine up until recently. The tank is filling to a higher level than usual and keeps on taking in water and the overflow trickling into the bowl.
I can clearly still hear the water running through the pipe into the tank. I've shut off the water supply for now as its just running water through.

Could this be an issue with the float? Are there any other possibilities?
Any help would be appreciated for a novice :)

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is the float moving freely ? Flush the cistern and manually pull up the float arm. If water doesn't stop coming into the cistern ,replace the whole valve ,with a fluid master brass shanked one.

Yes the arm is moving and lifting when at the correct filling level but it continues filling higher.
I did lift and hold the arm right up manually after flushing (when the tank was low) to see if it stopped but it still continued filling until overflowing into the bowl.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
There is a seal that may need to be replaced ,where the valve meets the supply pipeworks fitting. Depends on how yours has been plumbed in ,there are different methods. Seal could be a 1/2 inch fibre washer ,or could be a rubber washer. Can you post pic ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back