Duel Fuel Cooker?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are gonna get a duel fuel cooker and there is a 3 way plug and gas vaule there, so there must have been one in our house before.

Now we know we cannot get a full electric oven, but can we get a double Oven (Grill/Oven), and will this be fine on a plug?

But if not a normal elec oven will be?

Sponsored Links
You should get away with a Oven & Grill, not Guaranteed tho.....

Single oven yeah ya should do

I'm sure if you got creative with the wiring routing you could add a Big cable then ya could have anything you want :LOL:

Hightowermark said:
We are gonna get a duel fuel cooker and there is a 3 way plug and gas vaule there, so there must have been one in our house before.
Assume you meant to write "3 way plug and gas valve". How does that lead you to conclude that there used to be a dual-fuel cooker there in the past?

Now we know we cannot get a full electric oven,
How do you know that?

but can we get a double Oven (Grill/Oven), and will this be fine on a plug?
"We know that we cannot get a full electric oven but can we get a double oven?" This makes no sense at all...

But if not a normal elec oven will be?
What's the difference between a "full electric oven" and a "normal electric oven"?

Ok will rewrite

I have just moved into a house and there is no cooker.

There is a 3 way (13amp) socket there
There is a Gas stop there aswell

Now we know we cannot have a FULL electric oven (oven,grill & hob), as you will need a 30amp cooker switch for this.

Now i'm asking can we have a double oven electric and a gas hob? or will the grill/oven be to much on the 13amp plug?

And we should be okay with a single oven/gas hob as there was one there before.

Makes sence now?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hightowermark said:
Ok will rewrite

I have just moved into a house and there is no cooker.

There is a 3 way (13amp) socket there
There is a Gas stop there aswell

Now we know we cannot have a FULL electric oven (oven,grill & hob),
Ah - that's why I didn't understand - an oven is an oven, adding a hob makes it a cooker, not a "full electric oven"

as you will need a 30amp cooker switch for this.
Big debate over that, but essentially yes, most all electric cookers will run on a 30A supply according to the rules, but 40-50A is often better.

Now i'm asking can we have a double oven electric and a gas hob? or will the grill/oven be to much on the 13amp plug?
It's a simple sum - 230 x 13 = 2990. If your oven is rated at less than 3kW you can plug it in, if it isn't you can't.

Double oven ..... No
Electric Hob ...... No

Single oven with Fanoven/Grill...... Probably

NO Electric Rings Or Equiv

:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back