DUEL FUEL GRILL & ONE OVEN JUST GONE OF PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI IT\\\'S A FLAVEL MILANO DUEL FUEL COOKER TWO OVENS EIGHT BURNERS, WHEN MAKING TEA TONIGHT ONE OF MY OVENS AND THE GRILL JUST WENT OF THE LIGHTS WON\\\'T EVEN COME ON, THE OTHER OVEN AND IGNITION IS STILL WORKING HAS ANY ONE GOT ANY ADVICE PLEASE

Sponsored Links
Please turn caps lock off.

Daft as it sounds, have you tried resetting the clock?

Hi
With it being quite a large combination is the cooker supplied by one circuit or two?
Im thinking it`s two and one MCB/FUSE has tripped.

Sponsored Links
Ben56 said:
Has it tripped the trip switch?

I don't think it will be that as it is a single appliance and the other oven is still working. I would expect it to be supplied on a single circuit, and if it has gas hob the ovens will probably only be about 10A each.

The clock idea could be right, I know someone with an oven that won't come on if the clock has stopped (e.g. power cut) and not been reset, or of course if the oven timer says "off"

I am also wondering if it has one of those connector blocks with copper links for LH and RH ovens so it can be used in 2-phase supplies in some countries, that might have been loose and eroded. But this would not be the first thing to check. More likely timer or a switch fault.

hi thanks for answering so quicky , yes i have tried re setting clock, as for the fuse my husband he thought the same about two fuses but he has looked and can't seem to locate it have you any suggestions please

please describe the switches and outlets on the wall (you might be able to see one or more thick cables coming out of the back, and where they go)

Also in the consumer unit (fuse box) what is there marked "cooker" and what is printed on it (letters and numbers)?

If you are able to put up some digital photos, that could give us some ideas.

Personally I'm thinking appliance fault, not house circuit fault, since half the cooker works.

How old is the cooker, and how old is the kitchen wiring?

Do you ever use the oven timer, and might anyone have fiddled with it?

p.s. does the cooker have the appearance of two ordinary cookers joined together?

One of these? http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/Cooking/Range+Style+Cookers/FLAVEL/MILANO+1OFRS/008721

hi the cooker is 15 months old but has been in storage for 12 months due to building work it is similar to the one in dixons ,FLAVEL MILANO 1OFRS Rangestyle Cooker the amp is 32 but due to one half of the cooker working perfectly i'm completely baffled i've tried the clock again it appears to be fine , the wiring is quite new probably 12 months old my husband was wondering if these cookers have fuses inside , thanks

It may be an internal fault, could be anything. Do you have the instruction manual? Do you need to set the clock to manual?

There is generally not a fuse inside the appliance. If there was, it would be mentioned in the manual, unless it was part of the electronic controls and not user-servicable.

Provided there is just one cable going into the back, I think it is an appliance fault.

Its a duel fuel cooker. Is ANYTHING electrical working? (also is the ignition battery powered?)

hi the clock is just a clock and minute minder it says nothing about timer in the manual but i have reset it just to be sure yes the other oven is electric and is working fine so is the ignigtion i think i'm just going to have to phone the service number and let them come and charge me the earth
thank you to everyone for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back