Dulux Colour Mixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever had any problems before with the Dulux Colour mixing service?

I had a tester pot mixed up from a colour I liked on the card, tried a small area on the wall and liked it. I then bought 10 Litres of the stuff and proceeded to apply the first coat.

Now that the first coat has dried, I realise that the colour is quite different from the card, and the tester pot. It is supposed to be a light creamy/beige colour but it has come out almost lilac! Thing is, in the natural daylight I quite like the colour anyway, but in the evening when the artifical light shines on it, it doesnt look so good.

I dont know whether to go ahead and apply the second coat to see if it changes much. I cant get my head around it!

Sponsored Links
Grant said:
Now that the first coat has dried, I realise that the colour is quite different from the card, and the tester pot.

The colour will be slightly difference from the tester card as it's on a gloss paper but the tester pot should be almost the same.

The paint mixing machine could be faulty or the operator staff didn't do it properly.I would take it back as it didn't match your tester pot.I wouldn't even try and get your head round it,you got to be happy with it straight away.

A tester is a sample and as such has to be "of comparable standard" -take it back.
I had some dulux""bathroom" grade made up the little oik obviosly got it wrong as it streamed down the tiles for months afterwards .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back