Dulux Supermatt from B&Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I see B&Q have supermatt on for £27 for 10l I need enough to do a whole 3 bed semi so this deal might be good. Should I be concerened about this Dulux as it's from B&Q or is supermatt, supermatt no mater where it comes from.

They've also got some cheap crown emusions.

Thanks

CoXen

Sponsored Links
No market leader will put their name on rubbish.

I always buy the cheap deals, never had any problems. I also use own brand stuff a lot, mainly for plaster wash coats & initial priming as well; it’s a little thinner & can have some strange smells but, TBH, I think it’s perfectly adequate unless your a pro dec where time is of the essence.

So you can't see any issue with their cheap crown stuff for a wash coat?

Thanks

J

Sponsored Links
As I said, I always use own brand for wash coats & initial priming.

The Crown stuff is good - used some not long ago.

I buy the Crown stuff from B&Q when it is on offer and use it for mist coating new plaster and never had any problems. Usually £10 for 10 litres. Can't go wrong at that price

I am a registered contractor with Dulux and my shop store manager stated himself that the Dulux sold in other stores such as B&Q or B&M is not of the same standard as that in a Dulux store.

Generally as a rule you do get what you pay for with paint.

If you are just painting your ceilings white then I would advise buying contract matt emulsion from either Dulux or Johnstones stores direct.

Seriously after painting possibly upto a hundred houses in my career. If you save a couple of pounds but have to give it another coat then its not worth the saving.

Mike

I am a registered contractor with Dulux and my shop store manager stated himself that the Dulux sold in other stores such as B&Q or B&M is not of the same standard as that in a Dulux store.

Generally as a rule you do get what you pay for with paint.

If you are just painting your ceilings white then I would advise buying contract matt emulsion from either Dulux or Johnstones stores direct.

Seriously after painting possibly upto a hundred houses in my career. If you save a couple of pounds but have to give it another coat then its not worth the saving.

Mike
www.claddingcoatings.co.uk

Christ we got a spammer on emulsion paint :eek: . It's plain old white emulsion, who gives ashit if it needs one extra coat. You’ll save more than a couple of ££ unless (as I said) you’re a pro dec working on an estate where time is money! You call decoing up to 100 houses a career! :LOL:

apoligies, I wasnt aware url's werent allowed.

In response though chris, and i dont want this to get into a drawn out arguement.

Id say a diy chap would give more of ashit becuase its going to take him twice the time as a tradesman to give it that extra coat.

And also what i find with people doing diy is that they make more mistakes and mess. Therefore if your applying less coats then that should mean less mistakes and mess.

Why have it hard when you can have it easy, thats what I always say.

Good luck

Thanks guys,

The plaster is the best part dry and it will be 3 weeks old by the time I start painting so I'm going to go for crown as a cheap undercoat then I shall use quality dulux for my top coat. I will let you guys know how I get on.

my shop store manager stated himself that the Dulux sold in other stores such as B&Q or B&M is not of the same standard as that in a Dulux store.

they said that to me in Brewers, but that was comparing Dulux trade and Dulux professional, but B & Q Trade Point sell Dulux trade paint Cheaper than brewers, its in exactly the same tin so it must be the same.

Of course Dulux Trade supermatt is the same stuff in B&Q as DDC's. Nearly all paint is cheaper than at the so called Trade merchant as they're far too expensive.

Be very careful about the type of Crown you use to mist coat your plaster with.
Read the back of the tub first to see if it's suitable for new plaster, as sometimes it's not and requires a plaster primer first.
You could end up being very sorry. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back