Durable finish for a white desk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Irecently started working from home so we are redecorating our home office and have decided to go with a white desk. In doing research there appear to be 3 options- white glass, melamine or high gloss white lacquer (I think with polyurethane). I cannot tell the difference between the lacquer and the melamine, but want a surface that is going to be durable and long lasting.

Our kitchen table is glass and is a nightmare to keep clean and seems to scratch quite easily. Wondering if anyone has any advice on overall quality and durability of these finishes (bearing in mind we don't need to worry about application, which I understand is quite tricky).

On a second point, if there is ever damage to the melamine or lacquer, is there a reasonable way of touching up or is it something we'd have to live with? I will use it every day and my husband and I both study in the evenings, so it will have high volume use, although no kids yet to "abuse" the furniture (although my husband has a phobia of coasters).

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back