Country
United Kingdom
img_2268-jpg.126540
Durapipe
3/8 Class d plastic

Got too sort this out tomorrow
Posted Friday that the sparks had snapped it and it was ****ing it everywhere
Tried all the compressions and push fits under the sun with no results
I had to cut a my hose pipe and jubilee clip it back together only thing I could think of

It's running mains
I have nowhere to turn it off searched for ages inc cutting holes in boxes and voids guessing the only way is to turn off the block of flats around 25- 30 at a guess

does anyone no any push fit fitting that will work on this stuff that I can leave permanently
Or any they suggestion as I prob going to be working on it live
I've advised the customer find out who the concil uses but he is insistent that I do it

Sponsored Links
can't open your image. but if it is durapipe I think joints are made by solvent welding and you have to use their cement ,and if I remember correctly some kind of adhesion promoter or cleansing agent has to be applied first to " prime " the surface.never actually used the stuff myself . but dismissed it out of hand when learnt about it .have never actually come across it installed anywhere either.

I did 1 install of it back in the 70's -terry is right, + you had to leave it before charging with water. The only thing I can suggest to repair is a Philmac or Plasson Universal coupler. it'll look like a carbuncle on that thin pipe but IIRC it's a bastard size ( probably so that only the correct fittings were used)

I've come across it in a commercial building in Saville Row. It was a right bugger - had to shut a a lot of the supplies off to repair and to get the fittings and materials - bloody stuff!

Sponsored Links
If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, to hard/brittle to cut with the ratchet pipe cutter, then we use these Philmac fittings:

IMG_2821.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back