Dust Shield

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My home isn't a home anymore is a dusty shell. Paint and dust don't mix. I painted a cupoard with that plasticoat spray and the finish was superb, except everywhere dust got on it. So it's obvious I need to create a dust free environment to do the spray painting.

I do have a full face mask and can use chemical filters if I have to but I'd rather there's a better way to keep the dust at bay from the things you are spraying. There is dust EVERYWHERE. I hoover it up but it just appears again like magic. When the jobs are all done I'll get a proper extractor in to sort it out and a industrial vac with tiny filters. For now, can you recommend a good way to create an environment which is dust free that I can maintain dust free somehow (some sort of small polythene enclosure, maybe a tent ?!?

Sponsored Links
Mmmm, wet cleaning? Don't just hoover the room, take a dump cloth and wipe all the surfices. To prevent the dust coming from the other rooms, there are things yo can attach arount the doorframe, not the sure about the name, but they are made from fabric similar to the one they use for tents and there is a zip in the middle, so you can go in and out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back