1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Dutch Barn solution

Discussion in 'Roofing and Guttering' started by PerranOak, 14 Aug 2018.

1. PerranOak

PerranOak

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Taking a new tack, could I ask what a good solution would be for the replacement of the rotting bargeboard and verge board on my shingle roof please (not the fascia - this is ok).
    The building is a "Dutch Barn" style shack that SWMBO uses as a summerhouse (see pic).
    I'd like to use PVC or some such material but I can't figure out how the roof will work. I guess the verge board keeps the shingle from blowing off even though they are stuck down.
    Cheers.
    P1030227.JPG

2. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Look for continuous dry verge

3. Sponsored Links
  4. PerranOak

PerranOak

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you.
    Will this work on this shingle roof where the shingles do not overlap the bargeboard?

5. Makie

Makie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You could put a bit of barge board flat on top of the shingles with the lip hanging over the verge.

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links