Dutch boiler

Atmos selling the PCB for approx. £300 whilst strebel flogging the PCB for £340. Labour from strebel at £330+VAT per hour which I believe is a rip off.

I am open to suggestion if anyone in London willing to repair my boiler for a reasonable amount and provide me with a report on why the boiler was damaged....as I am pursuing my 'expert' for costs.

[The question on PCB repair is because I need someone to tell me what the reason for damage to PCB is for my case against the 'expert'. ]

Sponsored Links
I am open to suggestion if anyone in London willing to repair my boiler for a reasonable amount and provide me with a report on why the boiler was damaged....as I am pursuing my 'expert' for costs.

[The question on PCB repair is because I need someone to tell me what the reason for damage to PCB is for my case against the 'expert'. ]

Two problems arise, the first is that its usually very difficult for anyone to come to a firm conclusion as to the cause of the PCB failure even with considerable electronics experience.

There are so many combinations of damage and engineers actions. If there is obvious physical damage then it might be possible to make a guess. But most faults on modern PCBs are logic related and present no evidence as to the cause.

Another problem is that many engineers are not going to go to someone if they know that they take out legal claims at the drop of a PCB. There are enough other problems to deal with like van breakdowns, speeding fines, parking penalties etc.

Tony

Thanks Tony. Well my 'expert' is charging me £900 for a clean up of my underfloor heating system, sealing up a couple of leaks and than spoiling my boiler (which is just over 2 years old) instead of servicing it.

I hope you understand why I would be so bitter!!

Sponsored Links
There's some important information missing in this post.

I'm reading this wondering;
- why you bought an Eco-Hometec boiler in the first place 2 years ago, - who installed it,
- and the most obvious question of all, why you didn't get the installer back.

I can arrive at my own conclusions here, and these, together with the fact that you want someone to blame the servicing chap so you can claim from him, rings the alarms bells loudly.....

I am not kidding...this is the sworn statement of 'expert' engineer. If anyone interested I will send by email to anyone interested the full pdf of description what he has sworn.

Can you post up the FGA printout? , or maybe just post the figures. ;)

Simond - Eco-Hometec only sell the product but do not instal it. I had a corgi registered person instal it. If the boiler was working in perfect condition for over 18 months than why would that ring alarm bells.

If someone called you to service a 7-8 year old boiler would you ask them how and who installed the boiler??

A well paid "Expert" tht has set his Flue gas Analyser to "LIGHT OIL" by mistake????? :p :p :p :p

Simond - Eco-Hometec only sell the product but do not instal it. I had a corgi registered person instal it. If the boiler was working in perfect condition for over 18 months than why would that ring alarm bells.

If someone called you to service a 7-8 year old boiler would you ask them how and who installed the boiler??

I think you may have missed Simon's point.

Most householders call the installer back to do the annual services.

Why did you decide to call someone else?

Do you have any idea of how the PCB has failed? Is it still fitted in the boiler?

Tony

Most householders call the installer back to do the annual services.

Why did you decide to call someone else?

Tony

Reading the OPs post i would say that the installer was a subbie working on behalf of eco-hometec. He probably hasnt got either a clue who they were or how to contact them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back