Dutch boiler

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
the pcb could be refurbished. BUT do you know its definately the pcb 100%? I think best to find someone who's willing to take on repair/service of your boiler on a long term basis. I have to say I dont recognise the boiler, but it has alot of generic components found in other models, so shouldn't be too much bother to deal with as long as there was some kind of UK manufacturer support. The heat engine looks atmos like. They could be worth a call see what they know.

i take it not bg listed peti
would not use the AA
or homeserve
i would ask the company for local service agent

I've worked on one Strebel SC30 (wasn't very impressed with it TBH) - mind you it was not very well installed!! we rippped it out & fitted a Vaillant in the end, however the Combustion system is very common to other similar boilers on the market - if your man was really an "expert?" I'm very suprised he could not tame the combustion figures clearly the boiler is running rich! ;)

At the end of the service they found that the CO2 emmissions were wildly different from the recomended at 11.9% as opposed to recommended 8.8-9.4%. Is this correct...wildly different???

?

Are you sure CO2% was 11.9? :confused: , VERY much doubt that figure , have played around with combustion settings on many boilers 'trying' to aim for that magical figure of 11.9% CO2 :mrgreen: (perfect stoich).

Hare's one i made earlier.

O2%...1.2
CO ppm..1419
CO2%....11.1
Ratio......0.0128
XS air....7.2

FGA don't like me playin around. :D

I am not kidding...this is the sworn statement of 'expert' engineer. If anyone interested I will send by email to anyone interested the full pdf of description what he has sworn.

I found below an extract from said company email to the manufacturer:

'''Please confirm as per our conversation

- Price of pcb

- Boiler details:

Boiler Coopra Compact 30B

Boiler no 184C1417219

Article manufacture E30B990010

Serial no: E30B990010

Please could you also confirm that in your opinion that It is perfectly possible that the act of turning the boiler off and then on the boiler switch under the boiler that this act could cause the pcb to fail through no fault whatsoever of the engineer.

Could you also please quote for a new boiler switch as we would choose to
replace that as well.

And that upon returning the pcb to Coopra you will send us a report and
should the pcb have failed through no fault of ours and should the boiler be deemed to have had not much use than would have been expected over a two year period you will refund the money for the pcb.'''

I am very serious because I have had a broke boiler and cannot decide whether to replace in full or repair. Estimated repair costs for new PCB and labour circa £800 and price of new Valiant + labour circa £2,500.

I dont see any great problem with your boiler, just with the person you called. You have not told us how you found him. Based on what you have told us he does not seem much of an expert!

At the moment you saw him there was some problem with his registration but that was quickly sorted out. Clearly he was qualified to be registered so I dont see any problem there from your point of view. Gas Safe have not screwed you.

We all agree that all your boiler needs is someone competent to come and sort it out for you. If it needs any parts, which we dont know, then a source of spares is obviously needed but whilst that may take some research I am sure they will be available even if it means ordering from Holland.

Tony

He seems a very well paid expert!

I dont think that I have ever charged more than £400 to repair a boiler!

Most people fit a new Vaillant boiler for about £1700.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back