DVD recorder

dabaldie said:
Hermes.
ok in summary... yeah they are good if you dont want sky+
dont bother with HD ready (wont get value for money)
Buy a good brand like Pioneer or Panasonic.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice on HD an dvd recorders , Ive still got a cracking Panasonic VHS video that does me
but I think I need to update soon

VHS? wassat?
:LOL:

i have a vhs recorder in the dining room and i cant remeber last time i plugged it in.

might be useful for the kids videos that they got from granny..

I got the panasonic DVD/80GB HDD recorder, I get about 30hrs of good quality recording although I can trade more time for lower picture quality. When I record something I put onto hard disk first where after I've watched it I can either simply delete it, or edit out adverts etc and record to DVD if I want to keep it.

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
I got the panasonic DVD/80GB HDD recorder, I get about 30hrs of good quality recording although I can trade more time for lower picture quality. When I record something I put onto hard disk first where after I've watched it I can either simply delete it, or edit out adverts etc and record to DVD if I want to keep it.
Is it easy to use, does it have video-plus? Would you recommend it?

There is a very good article and test of 6 machines in the December issue of Which magazine

The one I got is the panasonic DMRE85HEBS which I believe has now been superseded. From a VHS recorder it wins hands down, I have only switched the VCR on about twice since I got the HDD/DVD recorder. Although I brought it as a DVD recorder, I now find I use the hard disk more. It is very easy to use and has video-plus. It uses either DVD- disks or DVD-RAM disks, the RAM disk imo being more like the RW disks. I would recommend this model, the only down point I have with this model is lack of a time search function. It does not have a digital TV receiver inbuilt either.

dabaldie said:
yeah and have you seen the prices?
double the normal, estimates are around 60-65 from sky.. and thats just 2 movie channels and sky sports in HD
No freeview simulcasts for a while for the BBC or ITV networks.!!!
How much is the beeb's licence fee? ;) HD has taken a huge investment it's not cheap you know so there is bound to be some passing on to the customer but hopefully as more take up is shown then prices may well drop.

Sponsored Links
Back