DVR recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my regular clients owns a shop, he has 13 cameras and two DVRS one of which is acting up, he wants to consolidate into one DVR with up to 20 channels and be able to access from his home PC or phone, I have looked at various brands, what do you good souls recommend?

Sponsored Links
It will depend on what camera type and format you have at the moment , hikvision do a 32way machine , I think Samsung do a 32way dvr also both have good remote view apps and software ..

Not sure, its been in a few years, how do I tell? the present cams are wired in shotgun cable with bnc connections

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not sure, its been in a few years, how do I tell? the present cams are wired in shotgun cable with bnc connections

Go into the DVR settings and look for a screen like this...

HikvisionMenu.jpg

You can see this system is currently set up for 4 HD-TVI and 4 AHD(or 'normal' CVBS) cameras, with no IP cameras. There's even more types though, HD-CVI and HD-SDI. Yours won't be IP though of course, but all the other types use coax.

Gaz :)

It will depend on what camera type and format you have at the moment , hikvision do a 32way machine , I think Samsung do a 32way dvr also both have good remote view apps and software ..

I have looked at the Hikvision, prices seem to vary, any recommended suppliers, more for good after sales than price

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back