dvr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone recomend a dvr and how big a hard drive to use thinking of putting 4 cameras up

Sponsored Links
depends what you want to spend in both cases.

also the bigger the HD the better.

the less the frame rate it captures the more you will get on your HD

Samsung do some excellent DVRs, around the £1400 mark though! And the interface is very very very slow when burning footage to a disc.

Samsung do some excellent DVRs, around the £1400 mark though! And the interface is very very very slow when burning footage to a disc.

£1400 :eek:

dont think the op wants broadcast quality (shant say how much mine were now :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Oh, this isn't broadcast quality! I've just been watching some of the footage on my PC, of our ram raid, 1.4FPS equates to about 2 months storage with 13 cameras. Dont know what size disc though.

(Its an SHR2162 with 250GB storage)

but yours is a commercail property, £1400 not too bad, and 13 cameras on one dvr not bad at all

To be honest Breezer, if I were setting up my own business or anything like that I'd get the best that money can buy.

If it involved a car park, I'd definitely get ANPR software to read everyone's number plates as they come and go, with infra red to see in the dark.

At the end of the day it comes down to the value you place on your property and livelyhood. Crime can happen anywhere, even nice places.

but as you said "business" it sound likeits for his house.

and also as you said 13 camera input will also add to the cost

yes quality costs, but that is a bit OTT for a house

i will stick with my 2 x 4 channel dvrs

thanks for all the comments was thinking about £400-£500 for the dvr and about £100 for each camera also does the hard drive erase itself or do you have to do it

The hard drives operate on a ro-ro system - once its full, content rolls off the end as new content rolls onto the beginning. They operate near their capacity all the time. The great thing about (most) DVRs is they constantly record, even when searching for footage and backing up - one of the major problems with VCR systems.

thank you steve and breezer you have both been a great help on this one just got to go and get the gear now

Go For The "Avtech avc 787" It Is Brilliant For Both Domestic & Commercial CCTV,
I Have Had One For Two Weeks Now...And I Can Not Fault It,

samsung every time!
and yes 6 cam dvr on a house with 460 gb your looking @ around the £800 mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back