Dwarf Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is a bt vauge, but is it generally ok to knock say a 1 foot gap out a dwarf wall if its currently untouched to get froom room to room under the floor?

if so or if not, where is the pest place to do it? under doorways where theres not as much meight bering down?

cheers
sgm

Sponsored Links
I know this is a bt vauge, but is it generally ok to knock say a 1 foot gap out a dwarf wall if its currently untouched to get froom room to room under the floor?

if so or if not, where is the pest place to do it? under doorways where theres not as much meight bering down?

cheers
sgm
ask woody m8 he a know :)

a dwarf wall is less likely to withstand the trauma of a 1' knock out than a taller, heavier wall. you could end up causing more damage than it's worth.

Is it PC to call these 'dwarf' walls nowadays :rolleyes:

Anyway, do you mean sleeper walls under the floor? Are these honeycomb bond - if so there will be a wallplate across the top, so a 300mm hole should not be too much of a problem

I don't know how you will fit through a 300mm gap though, unless you are one of the aforementioned vertically challenged people.

Anything bigger and you will have to consider the bonding of the adjacent bricks, and put a lintel in if the hole will be very big

Sponsored Links
thanks very much for the responses.

yea i think its the honeycome sleeper wall, i need to read these forums more and pick up the right names for eveything.

Its purely so we can tile the bathroom and still get uder to hook up the plumbing for the shower tray etc, gonna go underand have a look today as im only going on what my dads told me is underthere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back