Dyson am07 fan dead....

Surely there are 3 windings, connected to 6 of the wires H1 H2 H3 W1 W2 W3. No idea what the blue and brown 5v wires are for, speed sense perhaps?
Yes you are probably correct, I did not notice the brown was 5V, & given that ,then the tacho or what ever controls the speed probably cannot be tested with a multi-meter & may be faulty preventing the motor from working Again all guesswork.

Sponsored Links
The world loves a trier.
You seem to be under the impression that repair of an overly complex piece of machinery is a simple task.
You say "but the innings of this fan dont seem that complex or am i missing something like i say there is just a 220v motor and a board"
Since the LEDs aren't illuminated and the motor doesn't run, don't you think that just maybe the 'simple' circuit board might be the problem.

Well i am gonna have this fixed as i have bought each removable part from dyson im just trying to find out before they come and i go down the route of trial and error which part could be at fault...

When i spin the motor by hand it does not run smooth , you can turn it but there is a stiff resistance feeling that kind of judders

Yes that is how a stepper motor feels when you turn it by hand. Well the ones I have seen anyway.

Sponsored Links
permanent magnet rotor with polyphase stator windings by the sounds of it so you might well expect some jogging as the rotor passes poles
My monopoly money is on the control board

New control board fitted and lcd pcb fitted and still dead.... still waiting on the motor arriving so its all it can be now

I don't think a faulty motor will be preventing the display illuminating, unless it has blown the new pcb of course.

Yeah am not sure i can only think with it being such a complex motor the motor has burnt out causeing the system to not work

Also when i powered the fan up with the new board and left the motor disconnected there was still no sign of life

Yea checked that with a meter there was a slight hum from the board when plugged in dyson says there motor is out of stock so i have to wait till there have it back in stock....

So the motor finally arrived today and guess what!! It still has no sign of life just a very faint buzz from the board...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back