DYSON DC04

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Purple/lime
The clutch has disintegrated.
Ive looked at dysons website nd it says £20 but not available online as it needs a pro to fit it.
Im ok with mechanicals haveing dome motorcycles in the past-is it really that involved?Specail tools etc?
If not where can I get replacement?

Sponsored Links
Nothing to really freak you out here - so long as those plastic bits dont lose their lugs......
I guess your machine is the Absolute?
Basically - remove the sole plate at the bottom - outer cover first, slip off the belt and brushbar and lose the inner cover too (the one with the convoluted hose). No tools other than a coin so far!
This will give you access to the clutch button.....prise it outwards from the underside first, followed by turning the machine over again and prising it from the top.
From the underside again, the clutch has its own plastic cover / shield which is held on by 3 or 4 torx screws (can't remember how many, exactly). Lift this away, and that will give you access to the belt drive from the motor......slip this off and the clutch assembly will lift out, ready to be replaced.
Its a while since I've done one, but I think one of the torx screws was really deeply recessed!
Its best to lose the wand and cable, together with the U bend thing on the bottom - gets them out of the way!
The thing with Dysons - if it doesn't fit perfectly then there's something wrong - thats a sort of comfort! There was also a special edition DC04 called the Absorbster or something - which has a different mechanism again.
Enjoy!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back