e-mail recall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a message saying that a sender would like to recall an e-mail they sent to me, but not the e-mail in question..
does this mean that you can actually cancel an already sent e-mail?

Sponsored Links
No. They probably meant for you to disregard it.

Col,

Yes you can recall an e-mail, providing the receipiant has read the original e-mail.

Rico

Sponsored Links
On our old (and far superior) email system at work, one could recall emails, we often recieved recalls from our area co-ordinator (she was a bit dizzy, would forget to add attachments etc). But she email they sent (and recalled) would still be there. I'd always read it anyway, just for the laugh. :LOL:

You can in Office outlook 2003:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010917601033.aspx[/QUOTE]
Thats what we used. But we got taken over by the Co-operative Group, who use Lotus Notes. ****ing huge sack of **** that is. Outlook had a "global" adress book, which was hosted centrally to all clients, we could look anyone up in it and email them.

We dont even have an adress book now. Sending email, you need a degree in Lotus email syntax (unless you have an adress to reply to, but even that doesnt work) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You can in Office outlook 2003:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010917601033.aspx[/QUOTE]
Thats what we used. But we got taken over by the Co-operative Group, who use Lotus Notes. **** huge sack of s**t that is. Outlook had a "global" adress book, which was hosted centrally to all clients, we could look anyone up in it and email them.

We dont even have an adress book now. Sending email, you need a degree in Lotus email syntax (unless you have an adress to reply to, but even that doesnt work) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Take some time and master Lotus Notes. If you do you will wonder how you ever managed without it.

Take some time and master Lotus Notes. If you do you will wonder how you ever managed without it.
OK, perhaps im being a little unfair. I have no doubt that as a piece of software, lotus notes is probably very good, as most stuff IBM produces is. However, the company I work for has probably implemented it very badly. Everyone now has two email adresses, internal and external - I can send an email from my shop to my house, and vica-versa (my shop's email adress is MK**T@****), but if I try emailing my area manager, it gets sent back, saying it didnt recognise the domain etc. They have made it unbelievably complex to use.

*'s used for security

Sponsored Links
Back