Earth Bond in Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had builders in to take out my bathroom suite, tiles etc and replace with new. This was done but proved to be a disaster of a job (poor workmanship, no skill etc). They were made to come back and re-do the job. They have since taken/ripped out the work they did and it is now a shell.

Now that the tiles etc have been taken off the walls I have noticed that the earth bond had been cut right back to the plaster of the wall (this was hidden by the tiling they had previously put up. Therefore, there wasn't an earth bond at all. Should he have done this? The pipes are copper but they do have some plastic on, does this make a difference, meaning is there no need for the earth bond anymore?

Also, they did not put any isolation valves on the pipes, again are these necessary at all times?

Forgive my ignorance but it is the first major job I have done in my flat and so far it has been a nightmare due to the builder.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Is this cut cable near your main water stop tap??

Do you have RCD protection on every circit in the bathroom?

Ball fix valves are a very good idea for your supplies to your sanitary ware, if a tap washer or toilet syphon goes then you don't have to turn off all your water!

Hi

No, the cut cable is in the bathroom and the water stop tap is in another room.

It doesn't seem I have RCD protection to any circuit in the bathroom.

Thank you.

Items like sinks and baths may need to have double check valves fitted to the water pipes to prevent back syphoning of dirty water into the water supply...have they fitted any of these?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back