Earth bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been told that earth bonding now only needs to be done at the entry points of gas and water.

Gas pipe in meter box is bonded but the water feed into the far side [about 4miles from the elec meter box] of the property isn't, it's plastic in to a metal stopcock and the feeds around the property are in copper.
Will I have to earth bond all copper feed pipes in the bathroom and shower room? Bath and shower trays are acrylic.

I noticed the kitchen [next re-fit] is earth bonded at the sink.
My elec supply company seems reluctant to answer my emails and when I phoned it sounded like that bird on Corry street 'I don't really knooowww'

Sponsored Links
greengrass said:
about 4miles from the elec meter box

Must be a big property.

it's plastic in to a metal stopcock and the feeds around the property are in copper.

Bond immediately after the stopcock (earliest point of the copper).

Will I have to earth bond all copper feed pipes in the bathroom and shower room? Bath and shower trays are acrylic.

Supplementary Equipotential bond, yes.

You don't seem to understand bonding. Therefore you shouldn't be doing it. Bonding isn't for fun, it's a safety thing.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Slippyr4. I'm not doing it an electrician is when refit done but I wanted to make sure the necessary bonding was done. Now I know I can check he's covered everything.

Yes! a big bungalow, has electronic gates, a drive that long it takes 20mins to get to the bungalow ...... then I fell out of bed and woke up and realised I hadn't won the lotto after all.

greengrass

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back