Earth bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have gas meter removed from inside to outside wall.Earth bonding to gas pipe,should it be outside in gas meter box or it should be bonded as soon it enters the house,going to be under floor boards though.I was reading an answer in forum that if it is boned outside ,it needs special earth clip.Is it correct,if so where could one buy.

Sponsored Links
I would bond it in the meter box as this will always be visible for inspetion and testing.

If you bond the gas pipe inside the meter box then a standard EC15 will be fine.

It is only when the earth clamp is outside and exposed to the elements that you need a different type of clamp.

RF Lighting said:
I would bond it in the meter box as this will always be visible for inspetion and testing.

If you bond the gas pipe inside the meter box then a standard EC15 will be fine.

It is only when the earth clamp is outside and exposed to the elements that you need a different type of clamp.
Thank,s for quick answer.I have to get longer cable then.does it matter if a meter of earth cable is exposed outside.

Sponsored Links
It's not the end of the world, but it would look a bit unsightly.

It would be better if you put it into a piece of 20mm PVC conduit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back