Earth check question during unvented cylinder service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had arranged an UV cylinder check for this morning for a flat I rent.

The engineer saw old cut earth bonding in the cupboard so seemed to question whether the earthing was ok on this 2 year old system. I rung my electrician at the time who I imagine 100% correctly is saying the new RCD fuseboard they fitted (2 years ago too) will have the correct earth connection and that supplementary earth bonding isn't necessary.

I've been left with this "no visible earth bonding" on the report (the engineer also pointed out to me the label on the cylinder saying THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE EARTHED- which I feel is a bit of a joke because obviously the immersion is earthed) but anyway, he has essentially left me with an element of uncertainty over earthing/bonding.

Should the engineer have actually tested earth continuity (as part of the yearly check) before questioning the matter? I've got my electrician coming to check this now (unfortunately from two years ago he couldn't say for 100% sure how it was done- but is confident it'll be ok) but he's annoyed at what today's visit has thrown up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back