Gas Safety Certificate - confusion

Your obligation as a landlord is to pay some numpty gas fitter 40 rips to test your house is gas safe,if he gives you that doc, cushty,if he highlights anything,he should explain in writing if you are not present any further action required by you. End of. Bing Bang Billy Bish Bosh.!

By eck, £40 for a Landlord Gas Safety Certificate is cheap. Whoever you've got must be a numpty gas engineer, either that or your properties only have a gas hob on the gas installation. But there's not much change when landlords charge around £600 pcm. :D

James

Sponsored Links
i resent that post about numpty gas engineers and 40 rips... whatever that is.

all i can say is you get what you pay for.

Sponsored Links
The op could get the recommended upgrade/improvements done & behave responsibly & move on or be a typical landlord tightass & do nothing. I know where my money is on...
Let me guess, you've never owned a property and have no idea of the costs involved. Furthermore, you'd had a bad experience and assume that all landlords are tight grabbing b'stards. Speaking from the other side of the fence, there are some posterior orifices as tenants - don't hear too many tenants complaining about them.

The OP is asking for clarifications since it appears the gas fitter he's used is "trying it on". Should he just shell out £200 on unnecessary work (which ultimately goes onto the rent) - or should he act responsibly and minimise his costs which means he can minimise the rent he needs to charge ?

£40.00 to do LLGC, well there you go, pay peanuts get monkeys

NOFA

+1

Im always getting this. You charge WHAT for a LLGS? £78??!!!!

Just spoke to a guy who said he do it for £40.

Well jog on then. Pay peanuts get monkies

OP, Ive skipped through the thread but have I understood this is the third guy doing this in as many years?

Can't remember how much my checks cost as the first one is included in the maintenance plan - so £15/mo (£180/yr) gets me breakdown cover on the heating system, boiler service, and safety check. Then IIRC it's £35/appliance tested during the same visit. I do have a figure for a standalone safety check as they keep getting the invoicing wrong - but that's in the paperwork at home.

Having observed what the checks involved, then I reckon (as a customer) anyone doing it for £40 is either working for nothing, or is "cutting corners", or is hoping to make it up on the work he can generate. But like "discount MoTs" for you car really.

• Thanks
Reactions: oph
well there you go, pay peanuts get monkeys

Didn`t you die circa 2005 ? You weren`t funny then, you are not now. You left I believe on principles, how come you are back trolling here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back