Annual gas safety check -failure

Sponsored Links
I was in fact very happy with my Worcester Greenstar combi boiler which I've never had a problem with, only 3 months ago, a replacement part for the timing had to be changed.

I'm ****ed of, :evil::evil:pardon my French, :mad::mad:because the duct tape issue was never picked up.

You can all be devils advocate, because that's why I'm here, but please don't make it seem like all I'm interested is in money. I'm not. Every time I request a repair job from Hackney, they always cock it up, that it has to be followed up with a compliant. I only contact them about 2 times a year, I try to sort out Diy problems like washers n taps & stuff myself, by looking at answers on sites like this. :cry::cry:

well if there going to get rid of the worcester don't complain because their doing you a favour:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

you was going on about compensation which looked like to main reason why you were asking ( or is it :LOL: ) , you maybe seeking compo from
council but engineers get pulled into that sh*t as well , saying that thou if engineers has fooked up that bad(not yours ) well so be it, they deserve it tbh.
but looking at what you got ( or who has done it ) we can't come to a conclusion .

EDIT and keep your records as well

Last edited:
Being exposed to CO over a period of time can cause irreparable brain damage amongst other issues but the only way you can start to prove it is to visit your doctor who will do blood tests

Sponsored Links
On the compo issue, do remember that the council doesn't have a bottomless pit of cash. The income for the council is from YOU, your neighbours who also pay rent, and the tax payer. The more "compo" they pay out, the more you, your mates and the general public get charged in tax.

Nozzle

If you aren't happy you can report it to gas safe or to health and safety to get the whole thing looked at but you won't get compo the only way you'll get that is if someone gets badly hurt
so unless your missis Or one of your kids die it's a no go really it's laughable the amount of
People who scream for compo what a world we live in today

Op: the only person or person(s) who can explain why the duct tape issue was "missed" previously, are the attending engineer(s) who attended and certified the installation on those dates... Had it resulted in an 'incident', then that person would have been liable if proved an at risk situation was missed! Only gas safe can determine if it should have been picked up previously, but then again, there is no irrefutable evidence that it was there before the latest gse attended and inspected the install - your word is not enough in the eyes of the law!
Accept your new boiler and be thankful that the latest engineer was thorough and diligent.

Am I missing something in that pic and the subsequent one all I can see is a perfectly good flue passing through a sleeve that has been installed presumably because the flue passes through a bricked up window and they have used a sleeve as the flue passes through the cavity, havent a clue why the tape is there but dont see any signs of any products escaping, the actuall boiler flue is intact

I have to say I expect that is the case as well.

The duct tape being used to seal the inside of the sleeve through the wall.

Not totally correct but it does the job.

Tony

OP gets a new boiler she probably didn't need . Someone else who needs something will now have to go without.

If that boiler is a worcester Greenstar then that flue isn't a Worcester flue terminal. Looks to me like two differnt flues have been lashed together unless I'm mistaken.

If that boiler is a worcester Greenstar then that flue isn't a Worcester flue terminal. Looks to me like two differnt flues have been lashed together unless I'm mistaken.
I dont think they have Pablo to me looks like a flue inside a sleeve but wont say anything against the attending engineer as he has seen more than any of us, havent a clue why the grey tape is there

who the fook would mix flues when working for HA , but does look different but not 100% sure thou

image.png
The Baxi Potterton Main flue used to come with some duct tape to seal the fittings. Looked absolutely shyte when fitted. Looked amateurish! If you didn't know you would assume the worst.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back